Smoking, including vaping, is prohibited inside all buildings, including hallways, stairwells, restrooms and other common areas. The New Jersey Smoke-Free Air Act (Act), N.J.S.A. 26:3D-55 prohibits smoking in an indoor public place or workplace.
Violators will be subject to disciplinary action, which includes:
- Violators will be called before the Judicial Officer.
- Normal administrative disciplinary procedures or the appropriate negotiated agreement grievance procedures will prevail for employee violators.
- All violators are subject to laws governing smoking in public places.
Complaints may be addressed as follows:
- Students should direct complaints or inquiries to the Judicial Officer.
- Employee complaints or inquiries should be directed to the immediate supervisor.
- In addition, anyone may register a complaint with a Security officer.
Supervisors and managers will be responsible for enforcing this policy in the same manner as other College policies.