Radiologic Technology is a cooperative program designed with the Shore Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology (SMCSRT). The program meets the needs of those students desiring certification and employment in the community as a Radiologic Technologist. The goal of admission process for this program is to admit qualified students. Acceptance to the program is competitive. Successful completion of all prerequisites does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Atlantic Cape Community College
- Complete the admission process for “Students Seeking a Degree.”
- Complete the following four (4) prerequisite courses: ENGL101, MATH122 or MATH150, BIOL220, and BIOL221 with a grade of “C” or better.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an overall GPA of 2.5 to be eligible to apply to the Radiologic Technology Program.
- Complete the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) within 6 months prior to the application date with a score of 58.7 or above and a copy of the transcript (scores) sent to the School of Radiologic Technology at email@example.com.
Shore Medical Center’s School of Radiologic Technology
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Have a high school diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) formerly known as a GED with an official copy of a high school or HSE (GED) diploma or High School transcript provided.
- Have (if applicable) all international high school and college level course work translated to English and submitted for formal evaluation to an agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). An applicant in need of this service can visit http://www.naces.org/members to find and select a member approved by NACES to perform their foreign credential evaluation.
- Submit copies of all official college transcript(s) including final grades to the School of Radiologic Technology.
- Submit a completed Application for Admission together with a non-refundable application fee to the School of Radiologic Technology.
- Provide an updated resume.
- Produce a personal essay describing the circumstances that have led to an interest in a career in medical imaging.
- Provide three references. References should be from an employer or someone who knows the student in a professional or student capacity; no family members or friends. If applicable, applicants with healthcare related work or volunteer experience must have reference from site of experience as evidence of experience.
Eligible applicants will be emailed application and admission forms by contacting the School of Radiologic Technology School Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 653-3924 Option 1.
All admission documents must be received no later than May 31 to be considered for Fall Admission.
Admission to the School of Radiologic Technology is offered to applicants who meet the stated admission requirements on a rolling admission basis. Eligible applicants are urged to apply early – candidates who complete their application will be scheduled for interviews beginning January through May of the admission year.
For detailed information on the application process, please visit www.shoremedicalcenter.org/radiologyschool.
Please see the Radiologic Technology program page in this catalog for degree requirements and contact information.