F to W Grade Policy

Procedure for issuing a “W” as a grade after a final grade is issued (F to W Grade Policy) – A change of grade request from F to W because of failure to withdraw in a timely manner from the course or non-attendance, will only be received and processed by the Registrar.

  • The student must present complete documentation to the Registrar that explains the extenuating circumstances for the change.
  • The Registrar notifies the faculty member involved of the student’s request. Documentation will be available for inspection in the Enrollment Services Office.
  • If the faculty member does not approve the change, the student may petition the Academic Standards Committee for an appeal.