Culinary Arts I
This two semester certificate program is designed to provide students with career training for entry-level positions in the culinary industry. The Certificate can also be used as a foundation for completing the Culinary Arts, A.A.S. degree at the Academy of Culinary Arts.
For additional program information, please contact the Culinary department at (609) 343-4944.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism and exceptional work ethics;
- Participate in community service activities;
- Work effectively in teams;
- Identify environmental and conservation issues related to the culinary industries;
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills appropriate for entry-level positions in the culinary field;
- Practice life-long learning as it relates to career goals;
- Compare and contrast traditional and non-traditional career opportunities;
- Identify industry sanitation standards;
- Know and apply industry equipment safety standards;
- Apply basic cooking techniques, correctly interpret recipes and procedures; and apply food safety in product preparations.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills.