Computer Information Systems
This program emphasizes the business applications of the computer. Graduates will have the theoretical, conceptual and practical background to use computers in business settings. Designed to facilitate transfer to Bachelor of Science programs, it provides a liberal arts or General Education base, which enables students to have career mobility and/or to continue study beyond the associate’s degree.
The program responds to the increased demand from area business and industry for trained computer professionals. Supporting the program are the college’s computer facilities and equipment, including personal computers and a variety of related hardware and current software.
For additional program information, please contact faculty advisor, Svetlana Marzelli, at (609) 343-5017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Utilize productivity software suitable for use in a professional environment;
- Design, implement, test, debug and document computer programs using appropriate development tools;
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
- Perform system analysis and design including automated solutions to business systems;
- Manage time, tasks, and projects, and work effectively in teams;
- Identify computer system security risks;
- Apply mathematics to increase knowledge of business operations.
General Education Courses
When a course is not specified, refer to the list of approved General Education courses.