Designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year institution, this degree offers a broad introduction to business administration and provides the background necessary to move into baccalaureate majors in fields such as accounting, management, economics and computer information systems.
Atlantic Cape provides many different and flexible opportunities in business education to meet the varied needs and interests of its student body. The Associate in Applied Science and the Associate in Science degrees are designed to facilitate these needs and interests.
For additional information, contact area coordinator, Dr. Karl Giulian, at (609) 343-4996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Evaluate ethics, social responsibility, honesty and accuracy in business reporting;
- Communicate basic business principles effectively in written, oral and technology based applications;
- Describe the impact of government in business activities;
- Analyze business situations and evaluate possible solutions;
- Demonstrate basic understanding of business management disciplines and corporate cultures;
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying basic financial and accounting principles.
General Education Courses
When a course is not specified, refer to the list of approved General Education courses.
*Students planning on transferring to a four-year institution are strongly advised to speak with a transfer advisor regarding Math requirements as requirements may vary.
**Choose any Business (BUSN) course, Liberal Arts course, or CISM125
**See Technological Competency
(Is fulfilled with CISM125 or CISM132, which may be taken as a Program Elective, testing or reviewed departmental portfolio.)