The Graphic Design Certificate provides students with the basics of digital tools and design skills for art, print, and Web. Students can enroll in the certificate and then apply most of the credits towards an Associate in Fine Arts if they choose to continue. A certificate in graphic design, as a supplement to another degree program, can set students apart from others who are seeking employment in the graphic design field. For individuals already working in graphic design, this certificate is an effective way to establish credentials and update both studio and digital skills. Employers in many lines of business, including public relations, education, or non-profits where employers seek multiple skillsets, may value the professional expertise and well-rounded assets this certificate demonstrates.
Some courses in this program are offered at online and others are offered in the studio or digital lab.
For further information, contact area coordinator, Dr. Augustine Nigro, (609) 343-5022 or email@example.com.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Improve and refine fine arts skillset;
- Explore methods for fine and digital art making with an emphasis on design and effective composition;
- Create designs manually or digitally using images and/or typography;
- Develop the ability to critique and revise digital and fine art;
- Prepare and promote art for portfolio, employment, and/or transfer.
Choose: ARTS128-Introduction to Photographic Processes or TVRF103-Digital Video Production I
Choose one: ARTS elective, BUSN101-Introduction to Business, or COMM104-Public Relations