Veterans Affairs

For information, contact:

  • Atlantic Cape Office of Financial Aid and Veterans Services, (609)343-5082
  • N.J. Department of Higher Education
  • U.S. Department of Education, 1-800-4FED-AID

Veterans and eligible dependents attending Atlantic Cape may receive assistance by applying for educational benefits, which are provided by the Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office. Students who are eligible for veterans benefits should submit applications at the Mays Landing Campus. Appointments are necessary for assistance and can be scheduled by calling (609)343-5129.

Student enrollment is checked and reported to the VA every 30 days. Student benefits may be affected if they receive a grade of F (failure), W (withdraw) or NA (never attended). Students must contact Atlantic Cape’s Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office before withdrawing.

How to Register

Follow the same admission and registration process as all other Atlantic Cape students seeking a degree, except before registering for any course, contact the Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office to obtain a Transmittal Form.

Enrollment certification to the Veterans Administration will be made only after a properly completed transmittal form and application has been received by the Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office. Benefits usually begin eight to 10 weeks after the application has been sent to the Veterans Administration.

Credit Amnesty

A student may request to have prior academic credits removed from his or her academic record. A student who receives payments from the Veterans Administration and petitions to have academic credits dropped from his or her student record should be aware that Atlantic Cape’s Veterans Services Office will not certify any benefits for the credits for which he or she receives amnesty.

Advance Payment

Advance payment may be made to those entering training for the first time and for students who have had a break in training of at least 30 days. An advance pay request must be made by the student through the Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office no later than 45 days prior to the start of classes.

Transfer Students

Students transferring into Atlantic Cape must apply to the Veterans Administration for a change in their place of training and/or program of study. Request forms are available in the Financial Aid and Veterans Service Office. Official transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions must be sent to the Admissions office.