Atlantic Cape Community College supports the rights of its employees, students and visitors to have the benefit of a smoke-free environment while on any of the College campuses. Therefore smoking, which includes e-cigarettes, is prohibited inside all buildings, including hallways, stairwells, restrooms and other common areas.
Violators will be subject to disciplinary action:
- Normal administrative disciplinary procedures or the appropriate negotiated agreement grievance procedures will prevail for employee violators.
- Student violators will be called before the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- All violators are subject to the public law governing smoking in public places.
Complaints may be addressed as follows:
- Employee complaints or inquiries should be directed to the immediate supervisor.
- Students should direct complaints or inquiries to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- In addition, anyone may register a complaint with a security officer.
All employees share the responsibility of monitoring the smoking prohibition.