In order to receive accommodations in a timely manner, students are encouraged to schedule a meeting with the Access Counselor in the Center for Student Success for documentation review and individualized need assessment. The process for obtaining accommodations is as follows:
- Complete and submit the CFA Registration Form. Upon completion of this form, the student will receive a confirmation email of their submission. Students are encouraged to call (609) 343-5680, email email@example.com or stop by if accommodations are needed to complete this form.
- Upon receipt of the registration form, a representative from CFA will contact the student to schedule an intake meeting. This meeting can be done in person, via Zoom, or by phone.
- Preferably, documentation will be submitted before the intake meeting, however, proper documentation can be discussed at the intake meeting. The documentation should include a diagnosis of a medical condition(s) and sufficient information regarding the impact on the student’s ability to perform and/or function in an educational setting. Documentation must support the need for the accommodations requested. Please consult the CFA guidelines for examples of acceptable documentation.
The documentation can be submitted in one of three ways.
- Sending as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxing to (609) 343-4926
- Bringing the documentation to the intake appointment
Various assistive technology is available for student use; options can be discussed at your intake interview. You will be referred to the Center for Accessibility to determine the appropriate technology for you.