Help Desk Specialist
The Help Desk Specialist Professional Series prepares students for computer technical support. Upon completing the series, they will be qualified to assist customers, troubleshoot hardware and software problems and document solutions. Utilizing knowledge and skills from the series, students will be able to educate users in resolving computer difficulties. This series facilitates a higher level of understanding of the vital communication skills necessary for conflict management and effective user training as well as to provide a strong technical foundation which students may adapt to any environment.
For additional information, please contact faculty advisor, William Dougherty, at (609) 343-4979 or email@example.com or area coordinator, Svetlana Marzelli, at (609) 343-5017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Identify the people and technology skills needed for operating a help desk;
- Use system software to manage computer resources;
- Apply productivity software for functional and analytical purposes;
- Describe various positions of employment in the help desk profession;
- Evaluate the impact of technology on business, government, and other areas of society.