Medical Laboratory Technology
The Atlantic Cape Community College Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) program is offered in collaboration with Mercer County Community College. Students complete the general education and program courses (pre-professional phase) at Atlantic Cape. Upon acceptance, students will complete the professional phase of the program at Mercer County Community College and laboratories located in Atlantic and Cape May County.
The professional phase of the program, conducted by Mercer County Community College, requires a separate application and an overall GPA of 2.5 or above. Students must complete all Atlantic Cape coursework with a “C” or better with a maximum of two attempts per course to be considered for the professional phase of the program. For this degree, all English and general education courses expire after 10 years. All science courses expire after 5 years.
For additional information, please contact Myrna Morales Keklak, at (609) 343-5033 or email@example.com. For questions about the Professional Phase of the program please contact Lisa M. Shave, Mercer County Community College, at (609) 570-3387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge learned and experienced in the disciplines of general education, mathematics, science, and medical laboratory science;
- Exhibit working knowledge of the principles and procedures applied in the clinical laboratory setting by testing biological samples using current technology to generate accurate, quality-assured laboratory results used for health and disease evaluations;
- Use problem-solving skills to integrate laboratory data for patient diagnosis;
- Complete the program and pass the national ASCP certification exam;
- Be familiar with the profession’s code of ethics and consistently act within those standards during interactions with fellow classmates and working professionals in the clinical setting;
- Describe the importance of continuing education in lifelong learning and in obtaining and maintaining professional credentialing.
General Education Courses – 32 credits
When a course is not specified, refer to the list of approved General Education courses.
Choose: MATH122-College Algebra, MATH150-Precalculus or MATH220-Statistical Methods
Mercer Medical Laboratory Technology Courses
All professional coursework is completed at Mercer County Community College and laboratories located in Atlantic and Cape May counties.
(Is fulfilled with CISM125, CISM132, testing or reviewed departmental portfolio.)